Friday, 18 May 2007

Libertarianz Alternative Budget 2007

The Libertarianz have released their annual alternative budget-a rather good alternative to the useless pile o' crap released by Michael Cullen. The Libertarianz budget can be viewed at their site, here.

I agree with all of it, and I do think that government should be rolled back progressively-not from under the carpet like in some situations. In the transition to a Libertarian state, we need to make sure that no one is affected badly to a major degree by making sure that private charity goes in conjunction with the rolling back of government welfare.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I've yet to hear a moral justification for such a progressive policy.

Do it in one shot, I say.

Callum said...

^^^To make sure that the society doesn't get too overly affected in the transition between a government welfare state and privately-provided welfare. If all benefits were cancelled tomorrow, the NZ quality of life would go down a rather large amount.

I'm not saying that I'm against Capitalist policies, or that I'm pro-Welfare state, but I do believe that we need to make the transition from Social Democracy to Libertarian state smooth, but not too slow.