Sunday, 26 August 2007

The Simpsons Movie

On Saturday, for my birthday party that happened to be on the 24th, one friend and I went out with my family to see "The Simpsons Movie" in the cinema.

The Good: Political humour (aka "Itchy/Hilliary '08" at the beginning of the movie and "An Irritating Truth" was the name of Lisa's presentation about pollution in Lake Springfield, and President Schwarzenegger), the graphics were pretty good, and the general make-fun-of-everything style in The Simpsons.

The Bad: Rude humour that I can't claim to be a fan of, and it wasn't as "epic" as I've heard it was.

Altogether, the movie played out as a feature-length episode rather than a big Hollywood blockbuster. And, being a long-time Simpsons fan, it wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Still, the makers of the movie obviously worked hard to produce it, and there were indeed lots of funny parts in the movie. All in all, 7.5/10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for last Friday!