Wednesday, 10 October 2007

NZBR Seminar

Last night I was lucky enough to attend a seminar by the New Zealand Business Roundtable, a leading NZ think tank, directed towards young people about public policy and the role of government in the economy. The relatively short discussion featured Roger Kerr, head of the NZBR Roundtable who I got to meet later in the night, Bill Day who is head of the major corporation "Seaworks", and a Labour list MP by the name of Charles Chauvel who serves on several committees (and is a lot more agreeable than most Labour MPs).

It was a good opportunity to mix and mingle with a lot of important people, including heads of major Kiwi corporations and a whole bunch of ACT on Campus people who couldn't believe that I'm only 14, considering my ACT on Campus Essay Competition (which (and no mean to brag) I apparently did very well on).

All in all, it was a good meeting and a chance to expand my knowledge of NZ's "movers and shakers".

No comments: